Friday, February 02, 2007

This is Zoya Khan reporting for…..
Well, this is Zoya Khan reporting for BBC….or was it CNBC
Zoya reporting…no covering
Is this what they call selective Amnesia…my head is reeling..what the fuck is this?
This was not a part of my vocabulary….the last time I heard this was…when…yes…when Kabir wanted his saxo & was denied by Abba, was the advent of this adulterated expression & Abba said “Khuda se darr (fear the Lord)”, I had never seen such conviction in Kabir’s eyes then “I love GOD I do not FEAR” ….he was termed Kaafir…non believer.
The mass of the Pentax was now shredding my right arm as the lenses & the positives & I don’t know what more added to it.
Successful war reporter Zoya Ali Khan clenched to the over sized man’s shirt she was wearing & the terrible pain through the abdomen was now rising towards her chest…
The smog was taking forms, painting pictures & creating illusions….
The celebration had started, women with veils admiring their leotards underneath had clustered in the inner room…the men crowded around the victim, as little Kabir was circumcised .He had cried for days together than average & the retaliating fever took days to be normal.
Don’t mark me, I do not wish to be uniformed, let me be one with my brethren.
The Siachen appeared as if a no man’s land, a virgin.
Zoya….the time has come…the search ended….no man’s land…God’s land….but where is he……in your heart.
The letter in the breast pocket
"Sis…
Mera Khuda, Meri Khudi ( My God is my own Existence)
My search has ended, I have found my God
There is a bed of crysthamum on which I lay….
The paradise exists in this smoke….
Music lingers in the chaos, in the massacres
He loves me, casts no fears
The boundaries vanished, its one world…entire…complete
Shedding this carcass behind, I go where I belong
He is not the Judgement….Fuck the world, fuck the Lord
He still dosen’t abandon
I go to him
Note for you: You are a bird, you need to soar, but there are more skies beyond than what appears… "
The pain was now networking in Zoya’s entire system; the metal had pierced the abdomen & rested in her flesh….
The lens started capturing as much as they can….Kabir’s room….the graffiti on the alcove THERE IS NO GOD, PINK FLOYD IS GOD & the cover of the letter carrying the same….Zoya was trying to match…..but the smog over powered her eye lens…she was tired now….the lens were wide open though lifeless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the pain i am feeling for Zoya Khan or for the Original poster or for kabir?? Right from the start when kabir was denied a saxo or was called a kaafir.Normally i would have laughed at a post like this but the melancholy of words hit me so hard i feel like the over sized shirt zoya was clutching onto.

Zoya's lifeless lenses take you on a short journey of fear for the lord,pain(amplified beautifully from inside),sorrow,joy and relief.

Shine on you crazy diamond!!!!

Almitra said...

Thanx Buddy for understanding Zoya...alone in Siachen