Thursday, January 18, 2007


Every morning I went in search of the sheep that I lost….
It was just beyond the dark mountain that I had took him grazing & I missed him somewhere…
Now that I call for him, I can find him nowhere.
The fellowmen say that they last saw him with a man who had the hands of a carpenter, & eyes of a philosopher.
Some say that they saw him going in a trance under the old banyan tree.
I had woven many dreams for him & counted the pennies in my mind. His mother is wailing for him & so are his friends.
How could he betray me for an unknown man, the man who was seen roaming in the mountains….
& I really feel like uprooting this banyan tree which stood here for hundreds of years but I never realized will be the cause of my miseries
The wise old man from the neighbouring Bedouin tribe says that an enlightened sheep visited their tribe who spoke about a world of bliss & a city of gold, who healed the sick & blessed the poor
I will be visiting him tomorrow….might be he will recognize me amongst the rest.
This post is dedicated to my sweetest bro Arnab

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Its a wonderful blog, never saw such spirituality in writing. The description of Jesus in both d blogs- hands of carpenter & eyes of philosopher & i ate on his flesh & drank thru his blood is just amazing. You writing is just divine.

Almitra said...

Thanx Rashi for your high praising comments.Well do u write, i wud like to know.

Shy Machete said...

Anamika... that was profound! :-) Loved it. Really. You dont find that kinda originality on teh internet anymore. I'll be back for more!

Almitra said...

Thanx Shyama, u r alwys welcome.