Monday, July 02, 2007


It is been long that we met, for I had to take birth.

I was born as a fragment of your imagination quivering in the fossils that you left behind.

You lend me a few of your breathes & a little bit of reflection. Left me with a thirst accompanied by wanderlust. With a promise of salvation did you tell me to leave you.
I gathered your remains, wore your tunic and left your abode.

It was tore at places and the beasts eyed and I stained blood. They touched me as I gained puberty.

My body understood hunger, pleasure, agony. They fed on my skin & I fed on theirs…as the living corpses marched and I was one among the inanimate mob…lost.

The tears flowed as I saw them bleed, the one who smelt like me and had the colour of my skin.
I searched for the lost tunic…here & there to cover me up as I had all the pleasures & pain of a whore giving this flesh to all that belonged here.


The search continues...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say your God dwells in you. The creative force within every individual culminates in an super-worldly environment to acquire the status of divinity. "Tat vsam asi"- thou art that.....My God lives in my father....My God is my mother....my God is mortal....but divine.....

Almitra said...

Thnx Aritra....i needed dat.

Unknown said...

The soul's compass...the mind struggles to hold reality...its limited perception...the moment to fly across all boundaries...pity the mind doesn't let go....

Almitra said...

Yes Gaurav...the let go...the leap...a thin line...need to cross